Thursday, December 23, 2004

Santa Baby, Hurry down the Test Tube Tonight!

All the talk about the election results and what do we do with Iraq on a silver platter, much neglegence has come to the topic of scientific/moral issues in politics lately. No, I am not talking about abortion. I'm talking about the cloned pets you can get made-to-order now. In an age where pet owners buy clothes designed by Georgio Armani for their furry friends, it is not suprising that a Texas belle just bought herself a cloned kitten for Christmas. For a whopping $50,000 any of us everyday folk can replace our dead pets, and even our living with carbon copies of the cuddly animals in our life. Next time you see an ordinary puss in boots, check again because it could very well be Genetic Savings and Clone, a Californian companies, version of your grandmother's cat that died 2 months ago. By the summer months we should expect to see cloned dogs along with the already cloned mice, cattle, rabbits, goats, pigs, and horses.

Get your checkbooks ready... Unless of course you are against the morality of the issue. Many students of Biomedical Ethics argue that for $50,000 dollars this Texan gal could have bought many stray kittens for only $10. Why create new life if there is already life that needs some nourishment? I'm not going to argue the matter, but it's an important topic to watch. "One step for man kind, one giant leap for man kind." But beware America, sometimes it's wiser to take small steps than jumping around. It's easier to trip when you jump. Just look at my bruises!

For now this is the only thing that caught my eye in the headlines tonight. I usually pursue different kinds of topics, but a test tube cat couldn't help but seem more interesting that the humdrum Iraq business around the holidays. As soon as the holiday partying ends, I will get back to you all to help out with Kevin's mission statement for this site. I think that the Truth Squad for America is a wonderfully pragmatic blog that allows for intellectuals to come to their own conclusions. Of course I'll show you my opinion. But I warn you I don't take sides. I'm wishy-washy (yes, like Kerry) yet I love "strategery" (yes, like Bush). I'll give you an unbiast report of what I think should be read by our viewers that night. It's time you boys introduce a girl in this war.

Yours truly,
Demi

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I do not think I could replace Lassie if she died with a clone. I think its naturally accepted that she would look the same but would not act the same. If I am wrong, I would like to know because this cloning of animals is knew to me. But still, I would just get a new dog or whatever animal if I wanted to keep having a pet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home