Friday, July 08, 2005

Couldn't You Have Waited?



Headline: Bono gets his hat back

That's nice. Here's what Bono's problem was: an "iconic" Stetson cowboy hat was stolen by a former U2 stylist. He's reported to have said that he would not have given it up willingly. And I say again, couldn't you have waited??? It may be "iconic" but your image that you presented in front of millions at the Live 8 concerts, your personality that comes out when supporting DATA.org and Africa, and your desire to give back and help the people of Africa is more "iconic" than some damn hat.

What upsets me is this: I support you. I think you have some credibility. I try to defend you in front of right wing nutjobs. And then what? This story breaks. It's about something that any Republican who was skeptical about the possibility that we could "save Africa" would use as a reason to not support your vision. Your whining, while minute, is a good enough reason to turn people off.

I wish you could have waited until months later to get your "iconic" hat back. I hope your "iconic" public persona doesn't suffer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home